Already have a Username/Password for Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal)?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal)
1. Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal) publishes articles in the fieldof public health that includes Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Health Policy and Administration, Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Health, Health Education and Behavioral Science, Public Health Nutrition, and Sexual and Reproductive Health.
2. Submitted articles must be research articles and invited review articles that should not have been previously published or be currentlyunder consideration for publication anywhere else and free of plagiarism. Each submitted article will be checked by Ithenticate, an application for detecting plagiarism.
3. Components of Articles:
- The title is written in English with a maximum of 20 words.
- The author’s identity is written under the title, which includes name, affiliation, and correspondence address, phone number and e-mail.
- Abstract is written in English with a maximum of 200 words. The abstract should be one paragraph covering introduction, aim, method,results, and conclusion with a maximum of 5 (five) keywords separated by comma.
- Introduction contains background, brief and relevant literature reviewand the aim of study.
- Method includes design, population, sample, data sources, techniques/ instruments of data collection, data analysis procedure, and ethics.
- Results are research findings and should be clear and concise.
- Discussion should properly and argumentatively define results of study with any relevant theory and prior finding.
- Tables should be single-spaced and numbered consecutively in accordance with presentation in the text. Figures, pictures, or formula should be original. Ensure that each illustration has a caption. Supply captions separately, not attached to the figure. A caption should comprise a brief title (not on the figure itself) and a description of the illustration. Keep text in the illustrations themselves to a minimum but explain all symbols and abbreviations used. Then, for resolution, rasterized based files (in .tiff extension) require a resolution of at least 1000 dpi (dots per inch). Line art should be supplied with a minimum resolution of 1000 dpi. Tables and/or figures should be no more than 6 (six) as presented in Result.
- Conclusion and Recommendation (if any), should answer problems of study not exceeding the capacity of finding. Recommendation should refer to the aims and conclusion in form of narration, be logical and effective.
4. Abbreviations consist of abbreviations mentioned in the article (from Abstract to Conclusion).
5. Ethics Approval and Consent to Participate inform liscence obtained from institution and research subject.
6. Competing Interest stated whether the author(s) have interest in research.
7. Availability of Data and Materials clarifies sources of data or information used as study materials.
8. Authors’ Contribution explain about contribution done by each author to the study. Write using the name of each author's initials. Example: NDS, ADP were involved in the design and conceptualization of the study, EASM participated in the conception and writing of the manuscript.
9. Acknowledgment mention thank-you note to all components supporting the study, including funding (grant).
10. Additional Information confirms the names of authors if the study consist of more than 6 (six) authors and/or other additional information if necessary.
11. References should be written with Vancouver style.
- Please ensure that every reference cited in the text is also present inthe reference list (and vice versa).
- Reference number must be numbered consecutively in accordance with the whole text and recent journal references are preferred.
- For the author’s name, please write the last name and the first name, and initials if any, with a maximum of 6 (six) names of authors. If more than 6 (six) authors, the following author should be written with “et al”.
- The first letter of reference tittle should be capitalized and the remaining should be written in lowercase letters, except name of person, place and time. Latin terms should be written in italics. Title shouldnot be underlined and written in bold.
- Please provide the URL of the referred article.
- When referencing in the body of text use superscript after full stop (.), e.g.: ..... .10. If the sentence stating the other author`s name as reference, use the reference number by the end of the author`s name then continue the sentence till full stop (.), e.g.: Abood,2...; or Latief, et al.,1...).
Example of References :
- Journal Article :
Isroin L, Suandika M. Behavior problem impact to decreasing kidney function among migrant workers. Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal). 2019; 14(1): 1-8. Available from : http://journal.fkm.ui.ac.id/kesmas/article/view/2720/915
Hoq MN. Effects of Son Preference on Contraceptive Use in Bangladesh. Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal). 2019; 14(1): 21-7. Available from : http://dx.doi.org/10.21109/kesmas.v14i1.2848
- Book :
Grech ED. ABC of interventional cardiology. 2nd ed. Chichester: Wiley blackwell; 2011. Available from: https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/imperial/detail.action?docID=822522
- Online article :
Pullen LC. Antibiotic resistance continues to be a problem in children. Medscape; 2017. Available from: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/860801
- Thesis and Dissertation :
Slawsky E. An evaluation of greenspace exposure as a protective factor in dementia risk among U.S adults 75 years or older [Thesis]. University of Washington; 2019
12. Manuscript should be typed using word processors (Microsoft Wordor Open Office) software. The font type for the paper is Times New Roman with font size 12. The paper size is A4 (e.g., 210 x 297 mm). Then it should be one-column format with all margin 3 cm, double spaced and maximum at 5,000 words. Manuscript must be submitted via website http://journal.fkm.ui.ac.id/kesmas. Please include Covering Letter and Statements and Ethics Approval Form in a separated document file containing the summary of scientific finding and uploaded on Supplementary Files in PDF format.
Revision of Manuscript
Revision of manuscript by author consists of two steps that are editor’s screening revision and reviewer’s screening revision. First time submitted articles will be done early screening by Editorial to comply with Kesmas writing guidance. Editorial further will inform results of the early screening to authors by e-mail. Then for authors, please kindly re-send the screening revision file by uploading it on supplementary file at your submission service. Moreover, authors may conduct any revision of post-review by reviewers after Editorial inform results of review through your online service, so keep tracking your online submission service to see progress of article process. Please inform Editorial by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if revision file is already uploaded and please kindly re-send both screening and post-review revisions to Editorial by no later than 14 (fourteen) days. If such revisions are not re-sent to Editorial more than 3 (three) months, authors are required to send new submissions.
Manuscript Handling fee
Starting from April 15, 2021, the manuscript published is charged an article processing charge amount of 450USD for regular article and 400USD for Special Issue. Please make bank transfer payment of a charge to UI BHPP Bank BNI Kantor Cabang UI Depok Account No. 1273000568, then please send the proof of pay¬ment to e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Payment of Manuscript Handling Fee
Once a manuscript has been accepted, the corresponding author will be contacted to make the necessary payment of the manuscript handling fee. Kindly note that on the manuscript management system, the payment option is only enabled for manuscripts that have been accepted for publication.
Acceptance Certificate is issued for authors whose manuscripts are already reviewed and accepted for publication by an editor.
Copyright and License
- Submission of a manuscript implies that authors have met any requirements of the editorial policy and publication ethics.
- Authors grant Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal) a license to publish the articles and identify itself as the original publisher.
- Authors also grant any third party the right to use the articles freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
- Authors agree that their articles remain permanently open access under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License 4.0 International License.
Covering Letter and Statements
Authors must include Covering Letter and Statements [download here] in a separated document file containing summary of scientific finding and uploaded in Supplementary Files in PDF Format to complete submission process.
Copy of Ethical clearance statement for experimental research involving human and/animals samples should be uploaded in supplementary file.
Guideline for Online Submission
Author should first register as Author and/or is offered as Reviewer through the following address: http://journal.fkm.ui.ac.id/kesmas/user/register
Author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered. After all form textbox was filled, Author clicks on “Register” button to proceed the registration. Therefore, Author is brought to online author submission interface where Author should click on “New Submission”. In the Start a New Submission section, click on “’Click Here’: to go to step one of the five-step submission process”.
The following are five steps in online submission process:
Step 1 - Starting the Submission: select the Journal Section (Full Article), tick all of the checklist
Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: To upload a manuscript to this journal, click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file to be submitted, then click Upload button. Please make sure that the manuscript file has been uploaded.
Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: In this step, detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, Statements, and ethical clearance in PDF format. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Kesmas journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.
After this submission, Author who submits the manuscript will get a confirmation email about the submission. Therefore, Author is able to track his submission status at anytime by logging in to the online submission interface. The submission tracking includes status of manuscript review and editorial process.
AUTHOR GUIDELINES FOR SPECIAL ISSUE
PREPARING YOUR MANUSCRIPT FOR A SPECIAL ISSUE ON COVID-19
The following information are the details of section headings you should include in your manuscript and information which should be within each section.
All types of manuscripts must be 4000 words at maximum, with 250 words for abstract, 30 references, no more than 4 tables and/or figures).
Case reports submitted to Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal) = Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional should contribute to public health knowledge and have educational value, or highlight the need for a change in public health practices or approaches.
Authors should describe how the case report is rare or unusual as well as its educational and/or scientific merits in the covering letter that will follow the manuscript submission. Case report submissions will be assessed by the Editors and will be sent for peer review if considered appropriate for the journal.
Case reports should include relevant positive and negative findings from history, examination and investigation, and can include photographs, provided these are accompanied by a statement that written consent to publish was obtained from the case(s). Case reports should include an up-to-date review of all previous cases in the field.
Authors should seek for written and signed consent to publish the information from the case(s) prior to submission.
Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal) = Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional welcomes well-described case studies. These will usually present a major programme intervention or policy option relevant to the journal field. Manuscripts that include a rigorous assessment of the processes and the impact of the study, as well as recommendations for the future, will generally be considered favourably.
Reviews are summaries of recent insights in specific research areas within the scope of Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal) = Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional. Key aims of reviews are to provide systematic and substantial coverage of a research area of wide interest or to present a critical assessment of a specified area. A review must focus on recent research and on a topic that is timely and relevant to the field. All reviews published by Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal)=Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional are peer-reviewed. Review manuscripts may be considered at the Editor’s discretion and their decision on consideration is considered final.
These short, narrowly focused manuscripts of contemporary interest are usually commissioned by the journal. They are not mini reviews. A commentary is a discussion of an manuscript or trial that was recently published or that is soon to be published, and that is interesting enough to warrant further comment or explanation. This type of commentary discusses specific issues within a subject area rather than the whole field, explains the implications of the manuscript and puts it in context. Opinions are welcome as long as they are factually based.
Methodology manuscripts should present a new experimental method, test or procedure. The method described may either be completely new, or may offer a better version of an existing method, or compare different methods currently in use.
Opinions are short, narrowly focused manuscripts on issues of contemporary interest, including reports about meetings or view points on recently published manuscripts relevant to the readers of Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal) = Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional. Opinions should not be reviews and should not contain new data. They should be short manuscripts (ideally 500 - 1500 words) outlining significant progress in thinking that would also be testable, though not so easily testable that readers will wonder why the testing has not already been done.
Editorials are written by the Editor-in-Chief and discusses current issues and related subjects.
The title page should present a title, list the full names and institutional addresses for all authors, and indicate the corresponding author.
The Abstract should not exceed 250 words. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract. The abstract must include the following separate sections:
- Background: why the case should be reported and its novelty.
- Case presentation: a brief description of the patient’s clinical and demographic details, the diagnosis, any intervention and the outcomes.
- Conclusion: a brief summary of the clinical impact or potential implications of the case report.
Three to six keywords representing the main content of the manuscript.
The Background section should explain the background to the case report or study, its aims, a summary of the existing literature.
This section should include a description of the patient’s relevant demographic details, medical records, symptoms and signs, treatment or intervention, outcomes and any other significant details.
Discussion and Conclusion
This should discuss the relevant existing literature and should state clearly the main conclusion, including an explanation of their relevance or importance to the field.
List of Abbreviations
If abbreviations are used in the text, they should be defined in the text at first use, and a list of abbreviations should be provided.
All manuscripts must contain the following sections under the heading 'Declarations': Ethics approval and consent to participate, Consent for publication, Availability of data and materials, Competing interests, Author's contribution, Acknowledgment, and Author's information (optional).
If abbreviations are used in the text, authors are required to write full name+abbreviation in brackets, e.g. Coronavirus infection diseases (COVID) the first time they are used, then only abbreviations can be written (apart from titles; in this case authors have to write always the full name).
If nomenclature is used, italics is adopted to designate genus, species, botanical varieties and words in Latin (e.g.: et al.) or other languages. For genes, loci and alleles nomenclature use italics and refer to the website: http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/nomenclature.
If units of measurements are used, they should be those recommended by the International System of Units. Please check this website (https://www.bipm.org) for the English text.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Authors who publish with "Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal)" agree to the following terms:
a. Authors transfer the copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
b. Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
c. Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access)
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
This journal charges the following author fees.
Article Submission: 0.00 (USD)
Article Publication: 450.00 (USD)
Special Issue: 400.00 (USD)
If this paper is accepted for publication, you will be asked to pay an Article Publication Fee to cover publication costs.
If you do not have funds to pay such fees, you will have an opportunity to waive each fee. We do not want fees to prevent the publication of worthy work.