Role of Hearth Program with Undernutrition Incidence among Toddlers in Tangerang City

Gizella Gizella, Dany Hilmanto, Dedi Rachmadi

Abstract


Toddler is a group at risk of undernutrition in which World Health Organization (WHO) stated that toddler mortality because of undernutrition was 54% in 2002. In Indonesia, the prevalence increased from 17.9% in 2010 to 19.6% in 2013. In Tangerang City, there was 1.43% of toddlers suffering from undernutrition in 2013. This study aimed to prove in valid the correlation between Hearth Program covering food-providing behavior, toddler’s hygiene behavior, health care seeking behavior and toddler parenting behavior with undernutrition incidence among toddlers. This study was quantitative, cross sectional, using primary data, analyzed in univariate, bivariate and multivariate in a month on September. Samples were taken by total sampling as many as 60 toddlers suffering from undernutrition in Tangerang City. Results showed that 12 (20%) of 60 toddlers suffered from very underweight nutrition and the remaining amounted to 48 toddlers (80%) suffered from underweight nutrition. There was a correlation between food providing behavior and health care seeking behavior with undernutrition among toddlers. Variable food-providing behavior was the dominant factor influencing undernutrition among toddlers with OR = 4.655 (CI = 1.052 – 20.6) after controlled by the variable health care seeking behavior. Improvement on food providing and health care seeking is hopefully able to improve and decrease undernutrition among toddlers.

Abstrak
Kelompok yang rentan terhadap gizi kurang adalah balita. World Health Organization (WHO) menyatakan kematian anak bawah lima tahun (balita) akibat gizi kurang sebesar 54% pada tahun 2002. Di Indonesia, prevalensinya mengalami peningkatan dari 17,9% pada tahun 2010 menjadi 19,6% pada tahun 2013. Di Kota Tangerang, terdapat 1,43% balita yang mengalami gizi buruk pada tahun 2013. Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk membuktikan secara valid hubungan antara Program Pos Gizi yang meliputi perilaku pemberian makan, perilaku kebersihan balita, perilaku mencari pelayanan kesehatan dan perilaku pengasuhan balita dengan kejadian gizi kurang pada balita. Penelitian ini merupakan penelitian kuantitatif, potong lintang, menggunakan data primer serta dianalisis secara univariat, bivariat, dan multivariat selama satu bulan pada bulan September 2015. Sampel diambil secara total sampling sebanyak 60 balita yang mengalami gizi kurang di Kota Tangerang. Hasil menunjukkan bahwa dari 60 balita yang mengalami gizi kurang, sebanyak 12 balita (20%) mengalami gizi sangat kurus dan sisanya sejumlah 48 balita (80%) mengalami gizi kurus. Terdapat hubungan antara perilaku pemberian makan dan perilaku mencari pelayanan kesehatan dengan gizi kurang pada balita. Variabel perilaku pemberian makan merupakan faktor dominan yang memengaruhi gizi kurang pada balita dengan OR = 4,655 (CI = 1,052 – 20,6) setelah dikontrol oleh variabel perilaku mencari pelayanan kesehatan. Perbaikan pemberian makan dan pencarian pelayanan kesehatan diharapkan mampu memperbaiki dan menurunkan gizi kurang pada balita.

Keywords


Hearth Program; toddlers; undernutrition

Full Text:

PDF


DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21109/kesmas.v11i1.757

Refbacks

  • There are currently no refbacks.