Medication Adherence and Self-Management Practices among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients in Jeli District, Kelantan, Malaysia
1. World Health Organization. Health and Well-Being. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2022.
2. Balasubramaniam S, Lim SL, Goh LH, Subramaniam S, Tangiisuran B. Evaluation of illness perceptions and their associations with glycaemic control, medication adherence and chronic kidney disease in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients in Malaysia. Diabetes & Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research & Reviews. 2019; 13 (4): 2585-91.
3. World Health Organization. Adherence to long-term therapies: evidence for action. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2003.
4. National Institute of Health. National Health And Morbidity Survey 2019: Non-communicable diseases, healthcare demand, and health literacy—Key Findings. Selangor: Ministry of Health Malaysia; 2020.
5. American Diabetes Association. 11. Microvascular complications and foot care: standards of medical care in diabetes—2019. Diabetes Care. 2019; 42 (Supplement_1): S124-38.
6. Krejcie RV, Morgan DW. Determining sample size for research activities. Educational and Psychological Measurement. 1970; 30; 607–610.
7. Ahmad, Ramli A, Islahudin F, Paraidathathu T. Medication adherence in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus treated at primary health clinics in Malaysia. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2013; 7: 525-530.
8. Aminde LN, Tindong M, Ngwasiri CA, Aminde JA, Njim T, Fondong AA, et al. Adherence to antidiabetic medication and factors associated with non-adherence among patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus in two regional hospitals in Cameroon. BMC Endocr Disord. 2019; 19 (1): 1-9.
9. Chew BH, Vos RC, Pouwer F, Rutten GEHM. The associations between diabetes distress and self-efficacy, medication adherence, self-care activities and disease control depend on the way diabetes distress is measured: Comparing the DDS-17, DDS-2 and the PAID-5. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2018; 142: 74-84.
10. Gholamaliei B, Karimi-Shahanjarini A, Roshanaei G, Rezapour-Shahkolaei F. Medication Adherence and its Related Factors in Patients with Type II Diabetes. J Educ Community Health. 2016; 2 (4): 3-12.
11. Leon BM, Maddox TM. Diabetes and cardiovascular disease: Epidemiology, biological mechanisms, treatment recommendations and future research. World Journal of Diabetes. 2015; 6 (13): 1246.
12. Kamillah S, Panduragan SL, Poddar S, Abdullah BF. Patients’ Experiences in Using Diabetes Self-Management Application: A Scoping Review. Kesmas: Jurnal Kesehatan Masyarakat Nasional (National Public Health Journal). 2022; 17 (Special Issue 1): 67-73.
13. Zaman Z, Shohas MAAA, Bijoy MH, Hossain M, Al Sakib S. Assessing Machine Learning Methods for Predicting Diabetes among Pregnant Women. International Journal of Advancement in Life Sciences Research. 2022; 5 (1): 29-34.
14. Epstein LH, Jimenez-Knight T, Honan AM, Paluch RA, Bickel WK. Imagine to Remember: An Episodic Future Thinking Intervention to Improve Medication Adherence in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2022; 16: 95.
15. Zamanillo-Campos R, Serrano-Ripoll MJ, Taltavull-Aparicio JM, Gervilla-García E, Ripoll J, Fiol-deRoque MA, Boylan AM, et al. Patients’ Views on the Design of DiabeText, a New mHealth Intervention to Improve Adherence to Oral Antidiabetes Medication in Spain: A Qualitative Study. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2022; 19 (3): 1902.
16. Imai C, Li L, Hardie RA, Georgiou A. Adherence to guideline-recommended HbA1c testing frequency and better outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes: a 5-year retrospective cohort study in Australian general practice. BMJ Quality & Safety. 2021; 30 (9): 706-14.
- There are currently no refbacks.