The Effect of Health Promotion Program on Perceived Self-Efficacy and Self-Care Practices among Elderly with Multimorbidity in Chiang Mai, Thailand
1. Tejativaddhana P, Chuakhamfoo NN, Hue Vo MT. A review of the long-term care policies under COVID-19 in Thailand's aging society: implications for ASEAN Countries. Pub Admin Pol: Asia-Pacific J.2022; 25 (1): 37-49.
2. Charoenwisal R, Dhammasaccakarn W. Ageing society development strategy from a marginalised elderly group in Southern Thailand. Develop Practic; 2022.
3. Foundation of Thai Gerontology Research and Development Institute. Report on the situation of the elderly in Thailand in 2019.Thaitgri.org; 2021.
4. Tantirat P, Suphanchaimat R, Rattanathumsakul T, Noree T. Projection of the number of elderly in different health states in Thailand in the next ten years, 2020–2030. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2020; 17 (22): 8703.
5. Nillaor P, Sriwichian A, Wanichsombat A, Kajornkasirat S, BoonjingV, Muangprathub J. Development of elderly life quality database in Thailand with a correlation feature analysis. Sustainability. 2022; 14(8): 4468.
6. Tonboot S, Wattanadumrong B. Situation of inequality in health utilization among Thai elderly in 2020.
7. Bao J, Chua KC, Prina M, Prince M. Multimorbidity and care dependence in older adults: a longitudinal analysis of findings from the10/66 study. BMC Public Health. 2019; 19 (1): 1-10.
8. Gu J, Chao J, Chen W, Xu H, Zhang R, He T, Deng L. Multimorbidity and health-related quality of life among the community-dwelling elderly: a longitudinal study. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2018; 74: 133-40.
9. Pati S, Swain S, Hussain MA, Van Den Akker M, Metsemakers J, Knottnerus JA, et al. Prevalence and outcomes of multimorbidity in South Asia: a systematic review. BMJ Open. 2015; 5: 6–8.
10. Melis R, Marengoni A, Angleman S, Fratiglioni L. Incidence and predictors of multimorbidity in the elderly: a population-based longitudinal study. PloS one. 2014; 9 (7): e103120.
11. Prados-Torres A, Calderón-Larrañaga A, Hancco-Saavedra J,Poblador-Plou B, van den Akker M. Multimorbidity patterns: asystematic review. J Clin Epidemiol. 2014; 67 (3): 254-66.
12. Sambamoorthi U, Tan X, Deb A. Multiple chronic conditions and healthcare costs among adults. Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2015; 15 (5): 823-32
13. Sihapark S, Kuhirunyaratn P, Chen H. Severe disability among elderly community dwellers in rural Thailand: prevalence and associated factors. Ageing Int. 2014; 39 (3): 210-20.
14. Intarut N, Srihatrai P, Chantawang N. Prevalence of multimorbidity in Thailand: a multilevel analysis of a population-based survey. Int J Community Med Public Health. 2021; 8 (8): 3750-55.
15. Vrhovec J, Tajnikar M. Population aging and healthcare demand: the case of Slovenia. Health Policy. 2016; 120 (11): 1329-36.
16. Sriwisathiyakun K, Dhamanitayakul C. Enhancing digital literacy with an intelligent conversational agent for senior citizens in Thailand. Edu Info Tech. 2022; 27: 6251-71.
17. Bandura A. Self-efficacy: The exercise of control. New York: Springer; 1999.
18. Liou HL, Chen HI, Hsu SC, Lee SC, Chang CJ, Wu MJ. The effects of a self-care program on patients with heart failure. J Chin Med Assoc. 2015; 78 (11): 648-56.
19. Pimnada K, Sunee L, Kwanjai A. Effects of health literacy improvement program on self-care behaviors and health outcomes in older adults with type 2 diabetes and hypertension comorbidities. J Public Health Develop. 2022; 201: 32-42.
20. Choowanthanapakorn M, Seangpraw K, Ong-artborirak P. Effect of stress management training for the elderly in rural Northern Thailand. Open Public Health J. 2021; 14: 62-70.
21. Wungrath J, Autorn N. Effectiveness of Line application and telephone-based counseling to improve medication adherence: a randomized control trial study among uncontrolled type 2 diabetes patients. Health Promot Perspect. 2021; 11 (4): 438-43.
22. Supasri S, Wungrath J, Boonchieng W. Effects of a health promotion program on perceived self-efficacy and outcome expectations on self-care among elderly with hypertension, Chiang Rai Province, Thailand. Thai J Public Health. 2021; 51 (1): 33-42.
23. Ahmad Sharoni SK, Abdul Rahman H, Minhat HS, Shariff-Ghazali S, Azman Ong MH. The effects of self-efficacy enhancing program on foot self-care behaviour of older adults with diabetes: a randomised controlled trial in elderly care facility, Peninsular Malaysia. PloS one. 2018; 13 (3): e0192417.
24. Hosseini H, Torkani S, Tavakol K. The effect of community health nurse home visit on self-care self-efficacy of the elderly living in selected Falavarjan villages in Iran in 2010. Iran J Nurs Midwifery Res.2013; 18 (1): 47-53.
25. Hejazi S, Peyman N, Tajfard M, Esmaily H. The impact of education based on self-efficacy theory on health literacy, self-efficacy and self-care behaviors in patients with type 2 diabetes. Iran J Health Educ Health Promot. 2017; 5 (4): 296-303.
26. Putra MM, Kusnanto K, Asmoro CP, Sukartini T. Application of health promotion model for better self-care behavior in patients with diabetes mellitus. Belitung Nurs J. 2019; 5 (6): 239-45.
27. Reisi M, Mostafavi F, Javadzade H, Mahaki B, Tavassoli E, Sharifirad G. Impact of health literacy, self-efficacy, and outcome expectations on adherence to self-care behaviors in Iranians with type 2 diabetes. Oman Med J. 2016; 31 (1): 52-9.
28. Sun Y-Q, Jiang A-L, Chen S-M, Li H, Xing H-Y, Wang F. Quality of life and self-care in elderly patients with cardiovascular diseases: The effect of a Traditional Chinese Medicine health educational intervention. Appl Nurs Res. 2017; 38: 134-40.
29. Evangelista LS, Lee J-A, Moore AA, Motie M, Ghasemzadeh H,Sarrafzadeh M, Mangione CM. Examining the effects of remote monitoring systems on activation, self-care, and quality of life in older patients with chronic heart failure. J Cardiovasc Nurs. 2015; 30 (1):51-7.
30. Marques MB, Coutinho JFV, Martins MC, Lopes MVdO, Maia JC,Silva MJd. Educational intervention to promote self-care in older adults with diabetes mellitus. Rev Esc Enferm USP. 2019; 53: e03517.
31. Warren-Findlow J, Seymour RB, Brunner Huber LR. The association between self-efficacy and hypertension self-care activities among African American adults. J Community Health. 2012; 37 (1): 15-24.
32. Yasaratna NR, Wijesinghe MSD. Perceived self-efficacy and self-managing of chronic diseases among elderly patients in a clinic setting: how capable are elders in promoting their own health? J Coll Community Physic Sri Lanka. 2020; 25 (4): 168-74.
33. Park Y-H, Chang H. Effect of a health coaching self-management program for older adults with multimorbidity in nursing homes. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2014; 8: 959-70.
34. Sahar J, Rekawati E, Wati DNK. Improving the health and functional status of institutionalized older adults through the nurse, caregiver, and older-adults partnership model (Miradasia). J Keperawatan Indonesia. 2019; 22 (2): 101-9.
- There are currently no refbacks.