Diabetes Mellitus and Mortality among COVID-19 Patients in Jakarta, March-August 2020
1. Gates B. Responding to COVID-19 — A once-in-a-century pandemic? N Engl J Med. 2020; 382: 1677-1679.
2. Mckibbin W, Fernando R. The global macroeconomic impacts of COVID-19: seven scenarios. Asian Economic Papers. 2021; 20 (2): 1-30.
3. Kandel N, Chungong S, Omaar A, Xing J. Review of health security capacities in light of 2019-nCoV outbreak – opportunities for strengthening IHR (2005) implementation. SSRN eLibrary; 2020.
4. Global Preparedness Monitoring Board. A world at risk; 2019.
5. Djalante R, Lassa J, Setiamarga D, Sudjatma A, Indrawan M, Haryanto B, et al. Review and analysis of current responses toCOVID-19 in Indonesia: period of January to March 2020. Prog Disaster Sci. 2020; 6: 1-9.
6. World Health Organization. COVID-19 weekly epidemiological - update 23 February 2021; 2021.
7. Hu Y, Sun J, Dai Z, Deng H, Lin X, Huang Q, et al. Prevalence and severity of corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19): a systematic review and meta-analysis. J Clin Virol. 2020; 127: 104371.
8. Zhu L, She Z-G, Cheng X, Qin J-J, Zhang X-J, Cai J, et al. Association of blood glucose control and outcomes in patients with covid-19 and pre-existing type 2 diabetes. Cell Metab. 2020; 31 (6): 1068-1077.
9. Singh AK, Gupta R, Misra A. Comorbidities in COVID-19: outcomes in hypertensive cohort and controversies with renin angiotensin system blockers. Diabetes Metab Syndr Clin Res Rev. 2020; 14 (4): 283-287.
10. Huang I, Lim MA, Pranata R. Diabetes mellitus is associated with increased mortality and severity of disease in COVID-19 pneumonia – A systematic review, meta-analysis, and meta-regression. Diabetes Metab Syndr Clin Res Rev. 2020; 14 (4):395-403.
11. World Health Organization. Report of the WHO-China joint mission on coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19); 2020.
12. Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia. Hasil utama riset kesehatan dasar tahun 2018. Kementrian Kesehat Republik Indones; 2018.
13. Gugus Penanganan COVID-19. Peta sebaran COVID-19. Gugus Tugas Percepatan Penanganan COVID 19; 2020.
14. Harbuwono DS, Handayani DOTL, Wahyuningsih ES, Supraptowati N, Ananda, Kurniawan F, et al. Impact of diabetes mellitus on COVID-19 clinical symptoms and mortality: Jakarta's COVID-19 epidemiological registry. Prim Care Diabetes. 2022; 16 (1): 65-68.
15. Karyono DR, Wicaksana AL. Current prevalence, characteristics, and comorbidities of patients with COVID-19 in Indonesia. J Community Empower Heal. 2020; 3 (2): 77-84.
16. Muniyappa R, Gubbi S. COVID-19 Pandemic, coronaviruses, and diabetes mellitus. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2020; 318: 736-741.
17. DKI Jakarta Provincial Health Officer. COVID-19 data reporting, March-August 2021.
18. Rothman KJ. Epidemiology: an Introduction. 2nd ed. New York: Oxford University Press; 2012.
19. Zhang Y, Cui Y, Shen M, Zhang J, Liu B, Dai M, et al. Association of diabetes mellitus with disease severity and prognosis in COVID-19: a retrospective cohort study. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2020; 165: 108227.
20. Surendra H, Elyazar IRF, Djaafara BA, Ekawati LL, Saraswati K, Adrian V, et al. Clinical characteristics and mortality associated with COVID-19 in Jakarta, Indonesia: a hospital-based retrospective cohort study. The Lancet Regional Health - Western Pacific. 2021; 9: 1-9.
21. Abu-Farha M, Al-Mulla F, Thanaraj TA, Kavalakatt S, Ali H, Ghani MA, et al. Impact of diabetes in patients diagnosed with COVID-19. Front Immunol. 2020; 11.
22. Kornum JB, Thomsen RW, Riis A, Lervang HH, Schønheyder HC, Sørensen HT. Type 2 diabetes and pneumonia outcomes: a population-based cohort study. Diabetes Care. 2007; 30 (9):2251-7.
23. Wan Y, Shang J, Graham R, Baric RS, Li F. Receptor recognition by the novel coronavirus from Wuhan: an analysis based on decade-long structural studies of SARS Coronavirus. J Virol. 2020; 94 (7).
24. Satria RMA, Tutupoho RV, Chalidyanto D. Analisis faktor risiko kematian dengan penyakit komorbid Covid-19. J Keperawatan Silampari. 2020; 4 (1): 48-55.
25. Shang J, Wang Q, Zhang H, Wang X, Wan J, Yan Y, et al. The relationship between diabetes mellitus and covid-19 prognosis: a retrospective cohort study in Wuhan, China. Am J Med. 2021; 134 (1): e6-e14.
26. Byeon KH, Kim DW, Kim J, Choi BY, Choi B, Cho KD. Factors affecting the survival of early COVID-19 patients in South Korea: an observational study based on the Korean National Health Insurance big data. Int J Infect Dis. 2021; 105: 588-594.
27. Kun’ain UIA, Rahardjo SS, Tamtomo DG. Meta-analysis: the effect of diabetes mellitus comorbidity on the risk of death in Covid-19 patients. Indones J Med. 2020; 5 (4): 368-377.
28. Grasselli G, Greco M, Zanella A, Albano G, Antonelli M, Bellani G, et al. Risk factors associated with mortality among patients with COVID-19 in intensive care units in Lombardy, Italy. JAMA Intern Med. 2020; 180(10): 1345-1355.
29. Kshanti IA, Aji G, Eprilliawati M, Mokoagow Md-I, Nasarudin J, Magfira N, et al. Clinical presentation and outcome of covid-19 infection in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a preliminary data from a tertiary hospital in Jakarta during the early days of the pandemic. Bali Med J. 2020; 9 (3): 663-669.
30. Ganesan SK, Venkatratnam P, Mahendra J, Devarajan N. Increased mortality of COVID-19 infected diabetes patients: role of furin proteases. Int J Obes. 2020; 44: 2486–2488.
31. Huang J, Zhu L, Bai X, Jia X, Lu Y, Deng A, et al. Multidimensional analysis of risk factors for the severity and mortality of patients with COVID-19 and diabetes. Infect Dis Ther. 2020; 9 (4):981-1002.
32. Rajpal A, Rahimi L, Ismail-Beigi F. Factors leading to high morbidity and mortality of COVID-19 in patients with type 2 diabetes. J Diabetes. 2020; 12 (12): 895-908.
33. Giovannelli J, Trouiller P, Hulo S, Cherot-Kornobis N, Ciuchete A, Edme J-L, et al. Low-grade systemic inflammation: a partial mediator of the relationship between diabetes and lung function. Ann Epidemiol. 2018; 28 (1):26-32.
34. Bornstein SR, Dalan R, Hopkins D, Mingrone G, Boehm BO. Endocrine and metabolic link to coronavirus infection. Nat Rev Endocrinol. 2020; 16: 297-298.
35. Bindom SM, Lazartigues E. The sweeter side of ACE2: physiological evidence for a role in diabetes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009; 302 (2): 193-202.
36. Morigi M, Angioletti S, Imberti B, et al. Leukocyte-endothelial interaction is augmented by high glucose concentrations and hyperglycemia in an NF-kB-dependent fashion. J Clin Invest; 1998.
37. Roncon L, Zuin M, Rigatelli G, Zuliani G. Diabetic patients with COVID-19 infection are at higher risk of ICU admission and poor short-term outcome. J Clin Virol. 2020; 127: 104354.
38. Guan WJ, Liang WH, Zhao Y, Liang H, Chen Z, Li Y, et al. Comorbidity and its impact on 1,590 patients with COVID-19 inChina: a nationwide analysis. MedRxiv; 2020.
39. Parohan M, Yaghoubi S, Seraji A, Javanbakht MH, Sarraf P, Djalali M. Risk factors for mortality in patients with Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) infection: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Aging Male. 2020; 23 (5): 1416-1424 .
40. Kandi V, Thungaturthi S, Vadakedath S, Gundu R, Mohapatra RK. Mortality rates of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by the novel severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2). Cureus. 2021; 13 (3): e14081.
41. Kang SJ, Jung SI. Age-related morbidity and mortality among patients with COVID-19. Infect Chemother. 2020; 52 (2): 154-164.
42. Freund A, Orjalo AV, Desprez PY, Campisi J. Inflammatory networks during cellular senescence: causes and consequences. Trends Mol Med. 2010; 16 (5): 238-246.
- There are currently no refbacks.