Muscle Dysmorphia in Fitness Center Members: Its Affecting Factors and Impacts
1. Wiśniewska-Nogaj L. Symptoms of muscle dysmorphia in male gym users. Psychiatri Psychol Klin. 2019; 19 (2): 129–42.
2. Sugiarto. Hubungan asupan energi, protein dan suplemen dengan tingkat kebugaran. Media Ilmu Keolahragaan Indones. 2012; 2 (2): 94–101.
3. Stapleton P, McIntyre T, Bannatyne A. Body image avoidance, body dissatisfaction, and eating pathology: is there a difference between male gym users and non–gym users? Am J Mens Health. 2016; 10 (2):100–9.
4. Contesini N, Adami F, Blake MDT, Monteiro CB, Abreu LC, Valenti VE, et al. Nutritional strategies of physically active subjects with muscle dysmorphia. Int Arch Med. 2013; 6 (1): 1–6.
5. Santarnecchi E, Dèttore D. Muscle dysmorphia in different degrees of body building activities: validation of the Italian version of muscle dysmorphia disorder inventory and bodybuilder image grid. Body Image. 2012; 9 (3): 396–403.
6. Dhiana MA, Dieny FF. Hubungan muscle dysmorphia dengan asupan energi dan zat gizi makro pada pria dewasa usia 19-29 tahun anggota flozor sport club Semarang. Journal of Nutrition College. 2014; 3 (4):972–81.
7. Devrim A, Bilgic P, Hongu N. Is there any relationship between body image perception, eating disorders, and muscle dysmorphic disorders in male bodybuilders? Am J Mens Health. 2018; 12 (5): 1746–58.
8. Bosse JD, Dixon BM. Dietary protein in weight management: a review proposing protein spread and change theories. Nutr Metab. 2012; 9:1–11.
9. Cella S, Iannaccone M, Cotrufo P. Muscle dysmorphia : a comparison between competitive bodybuilders and fitness practitioners. Journal of Nutritional Therapeutics. 2012; 1: 12-18.
10. Corazza O, Simonato P, Demetrovics Z, Mooney R, Luca I De, Ven KVan De, et al. The emergence of exercise addiction , body dysmorphic disorder, and other image-related psychopathological correlates in fitness settings : a cross sectional study. PLoS One. 2019; 1–17.
11. Mitchell L, Hackett D, Gifford J, Estermann F, O'Connor H. Do bodybuilders use evidence-based nutrition strategies to manipulate physique? Sports. 2017; 5 (4): 76.
12. American College of Sports Medicine. American College of Sports Medicine position stand. Progression models in resistance training for healthy adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2009; 41 (3): 687–708.
13. Grieve FG. A conceptual model of factors contributing to the development of muscle dysmorphia. Eating Disorders. 2007; 15 (1): 63–80.
14. Pickett TC, Lewis RJ, Cash TF. Men, muscles, and body image: comparisons of competitive bodybuilders, weight trainers, and athletically active controls. British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2015; 39 (4): 217–22.
15. George HR. The effects of media exposure on body dissatisfaction and cognitive bias in adolescent girls and boys. Academic Unit of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences School of Medicine. The University of Leeds Academic; 2010.
16. Lin L, DeCusati F. Muscle dysmorphia and the perception of men's peer muscularity preferences. American Journal of Men's Health. 2016; 10 (6): 78–88.
17. Olivardia R, Pope HG, Borowiecki JJ, Cohane GH. Biceps and body image: the relationship between muscularity and self-esteem, depression, and eating disorder symptoms. Psychology of Men and Masculinity. 2004; 5 (2): 112–20.
18. Suresh K, Chandrashekara S. Sample size estimation and power analysis for clinical research studies. J Hum Reprod Sci. 2012; 5 (1): 7–13.
19. Parnell R. The influence of self-esteem and body dissatisfaction on muscle dysmorphia and exercise dependence. ProQuest Diss Theses.2011; 10 (2): 6–25.
20. Escoto C, Alvarez-Rayón G, Mancilla-Díaz JM, Camacho Ruiz EJ, Franco Paredes K, Juárez Lugo CS. Psychometric properties of the drive for muscularity scale in Mexican males. Eat Weight Disord. 2013; 18 (1): 23–8.
21. Talwar P. Factorial analysis of the eating attitude test (EAT-40) among a group of Malaysian University students. Malaysian J Psychiatry. 2011; 20 (2): 1–10.
22. Diehl BJ, Baghurst T. Biopsychosocial factors in drives for muscularity and muscle dysmorphia among personal trainers. Cogent Psychology. 2016; 3 (1): 1–20.
23. Pratiwi S. Hubungan antara perfeksionisme dan ketidakpuasan terhadap citra tubuh pada masa dewasa awal. Universitas Sanata Dharma Yogyakarta. Undergraduate Theses; 2016.
24. Kennedy R. Sports participation and body concern in an adult population: does type of sport matter? Theses; 2011: 6–18.
25.Tod D, Edwards C, Cranswick I. Muscle dysmorphia: current insights. Psychol Res Behav Manag. 2016; 9: 179–88.
26. Sidik AM & Suharjana. Sikap member fitness center GOR FIK UNY Yogyakarta terhadap program-program latihan kebugaran. Medikora. 2015; 14 (1).
27. Wariyanti Y. Analisis gerak teknik penggunaan alat latihan beban member fitness GOR Fakultas Ilmu Keolahragaan Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta. J Ilmu Keolahragaan. 2015; 1 (1): 9–22.
28. De Sá Resende A, Santos LR, De Macedo Rodrigues Leite M, Falcão Raposo OF, Mendes Netto RS. Eating habits and body image among gym goers. Mundo da Saude. 2019; 43 (1): 227–48.
29. Taylor J, Mensah W. Effects of nutritional and dietary supplements on renal function among University bodybuilders in Ghana. Int Ann Med.2017; 1 (10): 8.
30. Lichtenstein MB, Emborg B, Hemmingsen SD, Hansen NB. Is exercise addiction in fitness centers a socially accepted behavior? Addict Behav Rep. 2017; 6 (3): 102–5.
31. Mcfarland MB, Kaminski PL. Eating behaviors Men, muscles, and mood : the relationship between self-concept, dysphoria, and body image disturbances. Eat Behav. 2009; 10 (1): 68–70.
32. Williams J. Muscle dysmorphia, body dissatisfaction, and eating behaviors of collegiate aged male amateur weightlifters. Oklahoma State University. Theses; 2011: 1-37.
33. Tidmas V, Brazier J, Hawkins J, Forbes SC, Bottoms L, Farrington K. Nutritional and non-nutritional strategies in bodybuilding: impact on kidney function. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2022; 19 (7): 4288.
34. Henslee J. Body image and bodybuilding : the impact commitment to bodybuilding has on body image disturbance among competitive bodybuilders. Missouri State University. Theses; 2017: 1-50.
35. Christopher R, Isabelle L, Olivier T, Catherine B. Muscle dysmorphia and eating disorders: comparison on self-esteem and personality traits. Int J Psychol Psychoanal. 2018; 4 (2): 1–8.
36. de Souza D, Santos J, de Jesus D, Gentil P. Biochemical profile and body composition alteration of amateur bodybuilders during the pre-contest period. J Funct Morphol Kinesiol. 2018; 3 (2): 26.
37. Sandgren SS, Giske R, Shalfawi SAI. Muscle dysmorphia in Norwegian gym-going men: an initial investigation. Kinesiology. 2019; 51 (1): 12–21.
38. Vitari V, Susanto M, Wirawan DN, Griadhi IPA. Predictor of muscle dysmorphia among members of fitness centers in Denpasar City, Bali, Indonesia. Multidisciplinary Journal of Public Health and Preventive Medicine. 2020; 8 (1): 4–10.
39. Endendijk JJ, Groeneveld MG, Mesman J. The gendered family process model: An integrative framework of gender in the family. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 2018; 47 (4): 877–904.
40. Aliyev B, Türkmen A. Parent, peer and media effect on the perception of body image in preadolescent girls and boys. Universal Journal of Psychology. 2014; 2 (7): 224–30.
41. Iswidyanti SS, Hamidah. Hubungan antara perfeksionisme dengan kecenderungan muscle dysmorphia pada pria dewasa awal pengguna pusat kebugaran. Jurnal Psikologi Klinis dan Kesehatan Mental Tahun. 2018; 7 (1): 61-71.
- There are currently no refbacks.