Correlation between Dental Environment and Perceived Stress Scale among Dental Students during the COVID-19 Pandemic in Indonesia
1. Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia. Indonesia health data profile 2018. Jakarta; 2019.
2. Halboub E, Nasser Alhajj M, Mohammed Al Khairat A, Madani SahaqiA-A, Faeq Ali Quadri M. Perceived stress among undergraduate dental students in relation to gender, clinical training and academic performance. Actastomatologica Croatica. 2018; 52 (1): 37–45.
3. Machado RA, Bonan PRF, Perez, DESC, Martelli Júnior, Hercílio. COVID-19 pandemic and the impact on dental education: discussing current and future perspectives. Brazilian Oral Research. 2020; 34: e083.
4. Qiu W, Rutherford S, Mao A, Chu C. The pandemic and its impacts. Health, Culture and Society. 2017; 9: 3.
5. Lai CC, Shih TP, Ko WC, Tang HJ, Hsueh PR. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19): the epidemic and the challenges. International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents. 2020; 55 (3): 105924.
6. Abebe EC, Dejenie TA, Shiferaw MY, Malik T. The newly emerged COVID-19 disease: a systemic review. Virology Journal. 2020; 17 (96):1-8.
7. Alwan NA, Burgess RA, Ashworth S, Beale R, Bhadelia N, Bogaert D, et al. Scientific consensus on the COVID-19 pandemic: we need to act now. Lancet. 2020.
8. World Health Organization. Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2020
9. Wyse AE, Stickney EM, Butz D, Beckler A, Close CN. The potential impact of COVID-19 on student learning and how schools can respond. Educational Measurement: Issues and Practice. 2020; 39 (3): 1-5.
10. Deery C. The COVID-19 pandemic: implications for dental education. Evidence-Based Dentistry. 2020; 21: 46–7.
11. Gautam R, Sharma M. 2019-nCoV pandemic: a disruptive and stressful atmosphere for Indian academic fraternity. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity. 2020; 88: 948-9.
12. Aamir IS. Stress level comparison of medical and nonmedical students:a cross sectional study done at various professional colleges in Karachi,Pakistan. Acta Psychopathologica. 2017; 3 (2): 1–6.
13. Murphy RJ, Gray SA, Sterling G, Reeves K, DuCette J. A comparative study of professional student stress. Journal of Dental Education. 2009; 73 (3): 328–37.
14. Al-Sowygh ZH. Academic distress, perceived stress and coping strategies among dental students in Saudi Arabia. Saudi Dental Journal. 2013; 25 (3): 97–105.
15. Elani HW, Allison PJ, Kumar RA, Mancini L, Lambrou A, Bedos C. A systematic review of stress in dental students. Journal of Dental Education. 2014; 78 (2): 226–42.
16. Crego A, Carrillo-Diaz M, Armfield J, Romero M. Stress and academic performance in dental students: the role of coping strategies and examination-related self-efficacy. Journal of Dental Education. 2016; 80 (2): 165-72.
17. Alzahem A, van der Molen H, Alaujan A, Schmidt H, Zamakhshary M. Stress amongst dental students: a systematic review. European Journal of Dental Education. 2011; 15 (1): 8-18.
18. Bergmann C, Muth T, Loerbroks A. Medical students’ perceptions of stress due to academic studies and its interrelationships with other domains of life: a qualitative study. Medical Education Online. 2019; 24 (1): 1603526.
19. Alhajj MN, Khader Y, Murad AH, Celebic A, Halboub E, Márquez JR, et al. Perceived sources of stress amongst dental students: a multicountry study. European Journal of Dental Education. 2018; 4 (258): 271.
20. Alzahem A, van der Molen, Alaujan, de Boer. Stress management in dental students: a systematic review. Advances in Medical Education and Practice 2014; 167.
21. Alzahem A, Van der Molen H, De Boer B. Effectiveness of a dental students stress management program. Health Professions Education. 2015; 1 (1): 34-42.
22. Das.nh.gov. Perceived stress scale; 2020
23. Ersan N, Fisekcioglu E, Dolekoglu S, Oktay I, Ilguy D. Perceived sources and levels of stress, general self-efficacy and coping strategies in clinical dental students. Psychology, Health & Medicine. 2017; 22 (10): 1175-85.
24. DeVellis RF. Scale development: theory and applications. Los Angeles: Sage; 2012.
25. AlAteeq DA, Aljhani S. Perceived stress among students in virtual classrooms during the COVID-19 outbreak in KSA. Journal of Taibah University Medical Sciences. 2020; 15 (5): 398-403.
26. Basudan S, Binanzan N, Alhassan A. Depression, anxiety and stress in dental students. International Journal of Medical Education. 2017; 8: 179-86.
27. McEwen B, Bowles N, Gray J, Hill M, Hunter R, Karatsoreos I, et al.Mechanisms of stress in the brain. Nature Neuroscience. 2015; 18 (10): 1353-63.
28. Tan SY, Yip A. Hans Selye (1907-1982): founder of the stress theory. Singapore Medical Journal. 2018; 59 (4): 170–1.
29. Bhayat A, Madiba T. The self-perceived sources of stress among dental students at a South African dental school and their methods of coping. Journal of the Dental Association of South Africa. 2017; 71 (1): 1-5.
30. Mahendradhata Y, Trisnantoro L, Listyadewi S, Soewondo P, Marthias T, Harimurti P, et al. The Republic of Indonesia health system review. New Delhi: World Health Organization (on behalf of the Asia Pacific Observatory on Health Systems and Policies). 2017; 7 (1): 1-328.
31. Yadav S, Rawal G. The current status of dental graduates in India. Pan African Medical Journal. 2016; 23: 22.
32. Abu-Ghazaleh SB, Sonbol HN, Rajab LD. A longitudinal study of psychological stress among undergraduate dental students at the University of Jordan. BMC Medical Education. 2016; 16: 90.
33. Myrvold B. Stress among dental students. International Journal of Science and Research. 2018; 7 (7): 891–3.
34. Moridi G, Khaledi S, Valiee S. Clinical training stress-inducing factors from the students' viewpoint: a questionnaire-based study. Nurse Education in Practice. 2014; 14 (2): 160-3.
35. Sangiorgio JPM, Araujo PM, Navarro CH, Zen IR, da Costa SC, RibeiroPHV, et al. Dental environment stress: findings among lusophone dental students. Pesquisa Brasileira em Odontopediatriae Clínica Integrada; 2016.
36. Gordon NA, Rayner CA, Wilson VJ, Crombie K, Shaikh AB, Yasin-Harnekar S. Perceived stressors of oral hygiene students in the dental environment. African Journal of Health Professions Education. 2016; 8 (1).
- There are currently no refbacks.