Association between Self-Reported Fatigue and Sarcopenia Measures among Elderly in Selangor, Malaysia
1. Zengarini E, Ruggiero C, Pérez-Zepeda MU, Hoogendijk EO, Vellas B, Mecocci P, Cesari M. Fatigue: relevance and implications in the aging population. Experimental Gerontology. 2015; 70: 78-83.
2. Galland-Decker C, Marques-Vidal P, Vollenweider P. Prevalence and factors associated with fatigue in the Lausanne middle-aged population: a population-based, cross-sectional survey. BMJ Open. 2019; 9 (8): e027070.
3. Soares WJ, Lima CA, Bilton TL, Ferrioli E, Dias RC, Perracini MR. Association among measures of mobility-related disability and self-perceived fatigue among older people: a population-based study. Brazilian Journal of Physical Therapy. 2015; 19 (3): 194-200.
4. Bruyère O, Beaudart C, Ethgen O, Reginster JY, Locquet M. The health economics burden of sarcopenia: a systematic review. Maturitas. 2019; 119: 61-9.
5. Ying-Hsin H, Chih-Kuang L, Ming-Yueh C, Mei-Chen L, Yu-Teh L, Liang-Kung C, et al. Association of cognitive impairment, depressive symptoms and sarcopenia among healthy older men in the veterans retirement community in southern Taiwan: a cross-sectional study. Geriatric and Gerontology International. 2014; 14 Suppl 1: 102-8.
6. Visser M, Schaap LA. Consequences of sarcopenia. Clinics in Geriatric Medicine. 2011; 27 (3): 387-99.
7. Limpawattana P, Kotruchin P, Pongchaiyakul C. Sarcopenia in Asia. Osteoporosis and Sarcopenia. 2015; 1 (2): 92–7.
8. Patino-Hernandez D, David-Pardo DG, Borda MG, Pérez-Zepeda MU, Cano-Gutiérrez C. Association of fatigue with sarcopenia and its elements: a secondary analysis of SABE-Bogotá. Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine. 2017; 3: 1-7.
9. Vlietstra L, Stebbings S, Meredith-Jones K, Abbott JH, Treharne GJ, Waters DL. Sarcopenia in osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: The association with self-reported fatigue, physical function and obesity. PloS one. 2019; 14 (6): e0217462.
10. Goodwin E, Hawton A, Green C. Using the Fatigue Severity Scale to inform healthcare decision-making in multiple sclerosis: mapping to three quality-adjusted life-year measures (EQ-5D-3L, SF-6D, MSIS-8D). Health and Quality of Life Outcomes. 2019; 17 (1): 136.
11. Amtmann D, Bamer AM, Noonan V, Lang N, Kim J, Cook KF. Comparison of the psychometric properties of two fatigue scales in multiple sclerosis. Rehabilitation Psychology. 2012; 57 (2): 159-66.
12. Demirchyan A, Petrosyan V, Thompson ME. Psychometric value of the center for epidemiologic studies depression (CES-D) scale for screening of depressive symptoms in Armenian population. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2011; 133 (3): 489-98.
13. Belza B, Miyawaki CE, Liu M, Aree-Ue S, Fessel M, Minott KR, et al. A systematic review of studies using the multidimensional assessment of fatigue scale. Journal of Nursing Measurement. 2018; 26 (1): 36-74.
14. Cruz-Jentoft AJ, Bahat G, Bauer J, Boirieet Y, Bruyère O, Cederholm T, et al. Sarcopenia: revised European consensus on definition and diagnosis. Age and Ageing. 2019; 48 (1): 16-31.
15. Chen LK, Woo J, Assantachai P, Auyeung TW, Chou MY, Iijima K, Jang HC, Kang L, Kim M, Kim S, Kojima T. Asian working group for sarcopenia: 2019 consensus update on sarcopenia diagnosis and treatment. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2020; 21 (3): 300-7.
16. Department of Statistics Malaysia. Pocket stats quarter; 2020.
17. McCarten JR, Anderson P, Kuskowski MA, McPherson SE, Borson S. Screening for cognitive impairment in an elderly veteran population: acceptability and results using different versions of the Mini-Cog. Journal of American Geriatric Society. 2011; 59 (2): 309-13.
18. Bubel K, Jarek E, Singleton C. Fatigue severity scale. Rehab Measures; 2016.
19. Malmstrom TK, Morley JE. SARC-F: a simple questionnaire to rapidly diagnose sarcopenia. Journal of the American Medical Directors Association. 2013; 14 (8): 531-2.
20. Sousa-Santos AR, Amaral TF. Differences in handgrip strength protocols to identify sarcopenia and frailty - a systematic review. BMC Geriatric. 2017; 17 (1): 238.
21. Braden J, Hilgenberg S, Bohannon RW, Ko MS, Hasson S. Gait speed is limited but improves over the course of acute care physical therapy. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy. 2012; 35 (3): 140-4.
22. Soyuer T. Fatigue and physical performance in the elderly aged 65 and over living in a nursing home. International Journal of Family & Community Medicine. 2018; 2: 371-3.
23. Wang B, Thapa S, Zhou T, Liu H, Li L, Peng G, Yu S. Cancer-related fatigue and biochemical parameters among cancer patients with different stages of sarcopenia. Supportive Care in Cancer. 2020; 28 (2): 581-8.
24. Neefjes ECW, van den Hurk RM, Blauwhoff-Buskermolen S, van derVorst MJDL, Becker-Commissaris A, de van der Schueren MAE, et al. Muscle mass as a target to reduce fatigue in patients with advanced cancer. Journal of Cachexia, Sarcopenia and Muscle. 2017; 8 (4): 623-9.
25. Davis MP, Panikkar R. Sarcopenia associated with chemotherapy and targeted agents for cancer therapy. Annal of Palliative Medicine. 2019; 8 (1): 86-101.
26. Walston JD. Sarcopenia in older adults. Current Opinion in Rheumatology. 2012; 24 (6): 623-7.
27. Kwak SE, Lee JH, Zhang D, Song W. Angiogenesis: focusing on the effects of exercise in aging and cancer. Journal of Exercise Nutrition and Biochemistry. 2018; 22 (3): 21-26.
28. Carroll TJ, Taylor JL, Gandevia SC. Recovery of central and peripheral neuromuscular fatigue after exercise. Journal of Applied Physiology. 2017; 122 (5): 1068-76.
29. Huang YZ, Chang FY, Liu WC, Chuang YF, Chuang LL, Chang YJ. Fatigue and muscle strength involving walking speed in Parkinson's disease: insights for developing rehabilitation strategy for PD. NeuralPlasticity. 2017; 1941980.
30. Mänty M, Ekmann A, Thinggaard M, Christensen K, Avlund K. Indoormobility-related fatigue and muscle strength in nonagenarians: a prospective longitudinal study. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research. 2014; 26 (1): 39-46.
31. Gacesa JZ, Klasnja AV, Grujic NG. Changes in strength, endurance, and fatigue during a resistance-training program for the triceps brachii muscle. Journal of Athletic Training. 2013; 48 (6): 804-9.
32. Vestergaard S, Nayfield SG, Patel KV, Eldadah B, Cesari M, Ferrucci L, et al. Fatigue in a representative population of older persons and its association with functional impairment, functional limitation, and disability. The Journal of Gerontology, Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences. 2009; 64 (1): 76-82.
33. Wei-Quan L, Meng-Juan J, Jie T, Jia-Ji W, Hui-Shan Z, Le-Xin Y, et al. Factors associated with fatigue among men aged 45 and older: a cross-sectional study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2015; 12 (9): 10897-909.
34. Kluger BM, Krupp LB, Enoka RM. Fatigue and fatigability in neurologic illnesses: proposal for a unified taxonomy. Neurology. 2013; 80 (4): 409-16.
- There are currently no refbacks.